COVID-19 Emergency Considerations for Fiscal Year 2020 MS-47, TL-5 Line H Liabilities
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the parties agree the following conditions will be applied when determining any MS-47, TL-5 Line H liabilities for Fiscal Year 2020 (FY20):
- Custodians should be utilized to the maximum extent possible, including overtime, in order to ensure all necessary cleaning is completed.
- Due to custodians needing to complete regular custodial team cleaning (CTC) routes and the cleaning requirements as stated in MMO-031-20, Influenza and Coronavirus Cleaning Contingency, each day a custodial employee worked his/her duty assignment between March 3, 2020, and May 17, 2020, will be given full Line H credit for the hours worked.
- While a facility, or portion of a facility, is closed due to non-usage in response to the COVID19 pandemic and a custodial route is subsequently suspended, the workhours associated with the suspended route will be deducted from the Line H liability.
- Any custodial routes that are suspended in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic will be suspended through the Custodial Workloading (CW) Software and will be
unsuspended once the facility, or portion of a facility, is operational, but no later than the expiration of this agreement.
- In FY20, once a custodial employee exceeds sixty (60) hours of sick leave, any COVID-19 related absences between February 29, 2020, and May 17, 2020, will reduce the Line H liabilities for that facility by seven (7) hours for each day the employee was unavailable.
The above identified emergency considerations will expire on May 17, 2020. The parties will revisit this issue immediately prior to this MOU’s expiration to determine if extension is appropriate. This agreement does not establish precedent in any future negotiations regarding Line H liabilities
This agreement does not establish precedent in any future negotiations regarding Line H liabilities.