GPIS Federal Benefit Specialist can help you with many important questions you might have.
APWU members, our benefits can be very confusing at times and it is possible that we all could make some choices that could cost us thousands of dollars over the length of our careers and cause financial strains well into our retirement years.
A "FREE" Retirement Analysis benefits review by GPIS will give you valuable knowledge about your future retirement and what you can do during these difficult economic times to help you have a secure retirement.
Below are questions that are important to know when planning for your retirement.
- Do you know when you will be eligible to retire?
- Do you know how to calculate your expected monthly income?
- Do you know what percentage of your retirement annuity you or your spouse will receive?
- Do you as a FERS employee understand the FERS special supplement and how to qualify?
- Are you aware of all the components it takes to make a complete retirement?
- Do you know your true bottom line when it comes to your retirement income?
- Do you know how to figure in your sick and annual leave?
- Do you understand your Social Security benefits and the implications of starting benefits at age 62 versus 66 and older?
- Have you considered buying back your Military time?
- Do you need help with deposits and redeposit?
- How do you make sure your spouse has health insurance in retirement in the event of your premature death?
- Is disability retirement right for you and how does it work?
- Do you know what role your TSP will play in your retirement? How long will your money last and should you leave the money in the TSP? Is the TSP the best place to leave your hard earned money?