Information for APWU Members on COVID-19
Your union officers are holding ongoing conversations with the Postal Service about COVID-19. We will continue to be in discussions with the Postal Service as the spread of the disease widens around the world and new information is learned.
The APWU always prioritizes health and safety and is engaged on this issue. We are not allowing the Postal Service to take a passive approach to the risks of the disease.
The most recent information on the COVID-19 virus can be found on the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) website.
According to the CDC recommendations the spread of COVID-19 can be slowed by frequent hand washing, using hand sanitizer of at least 60% alcohol, and staying home from work or activities when you are sick.
Temporary Memoranda of Understanding
CDC Factsheets and Infographics
- What you need to know about coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) (CDC)
- What to do if you are sick with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Symptoms of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- 10 ways to manage respiratory symptoms at home CDC
- Infographic: CDC Response to COVID-19 Outbreak
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Frequently Asked Questions (CDC)
- Infographic: Stop The Spread of Germs (CDC)
- Stop Germs! Wash Your Hands Fact Sheet 508 (CDC)
- ¡Detenga los microbios! Lávese las manos – Centros para el Control y la Prevención de Enfermedades CDC